For decades, Troy Shoppe Jewellers has been helping clients and insurance companies complete and replace items from lost or stolen insurance claims. Insurance claims can be a stressful and confusing time following a theft or loss. We are here to help simplify this experience for you and help process your claims and replacements smoothly and efficiently.
Whether it is an item that was a family heirloom or a unique design that was made recently, we can replace or remake it. Troy Shoppe Jewellers has a dedicated insurance claim department one of which is the owner of the store which means you will be dealing with not only the store designer but someone that is familiar with pricing and has decades of experience with insurance claims. We also work with several of the largest insurance companies, nationwide.
We can also replace items even when a client has moved out of province or out of country. With our goldsmiths on site and their experience no item is impossible to replace. Our goal is to provide you with a fair and accurate replacement of your cherished jewelry pieces.
The claim process requires only Four Easy Steps:
- Contact your insurance company to notify them of your loss. They typically will ask for a couple of estimates or suggest a preferred vendor. Preferred vendors don’t necessarily mean the best choice for you. You have the right to choose any jeweller you want.
- We can walk you through the store to see many similar items helping you with size, color or style. Once we have the list and description of your missing items, we will calculate the fair replacement values for the missing items.
- After compiling the replacement costs, we submit an estimate to your insurance company.
- Once the insurance company accepts the quote, we will start working with you to fulfill the lost items. We find that most claims can be replaced within three to five weeks.
The situation becomes a bit confusing when insurance companies accept the lowest estimate offered. In some cases, this is an area that may require some discussion with your adjuster or insurance provider. You need to look carefully at the replacements offered. Are you getting a diamond with the same laboratory grading, is the gold the same content or is the item the same weight? Especially in situations where a brand is involved, getting “like kind” is not the same. If you liked the brand you had then you should not be persuaded to receive any less than that brand, or at least be fully compensated for accepting a different item.
Troy Shoppe Jewellers carries many exclusive brands to Calgary.
Also our warrantee of two year protection against manufacturing defects extends to your new item. As with all of our jewellery, we provide lifetime cleaning and polishing while you wait.
In order to give you our undivided attention with your insurance replacement needs, we recommend that you call for an appointment.
In order to complete your claims as quickly as possible, please have the following information available when you arrive for your appointment:
- Insurance Company Name
- Adjuster’s Name
- Claim number or policy number
- Any previous appraisals
- Old receipts
- Pictures of the items
- List of items
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and claim number in the subject line for a faster response.
You can also call us at 403-293-1100